Another week has passed and some progress has been made. It is slow, but I am getting in some sewing time. Here’s what I accomplished:
I think the waviness of the blocks in the picture is mostly a need for more careful ironing and placement….I hope. Also the paper creates a bit of a ridge. I actually can take the paper out now but I am getting quite worried about that stage. I used regular photocopy paper but more importantly I did not read the instructions carefully when I made the centers of the blocks. Instead of a short stitch length and a bigger needle, I seem to have done all the centers with my normal needle and stitch length. I hope that paper comes off!
Here’s a picture of all the blocks I have so far.