This week has been unexpectedly busy with social events as well as work events, all of which have been great. In the time I did have, I have been able to really move forward quilting my scrap quilt. I’ve chosen two different overall designs for the light portions of the quilt, and I am thinking of leaving the dark stripes unquilted except for the edges where I have put multiple lines of stitches. The pictures don’t capture it, but it has really nice contrast between the quilted areas and the unquilted sections.
Because I am using quite easy overall designs, the quilting has gone really quickly. In fact if I did not have a busy weekend ahead, I would probably be able to finish it in one more day, or maximum two. The only frustration has been the thread. I started with a darker yellow thread that showed on the back and a brighter yellow on the front, but I just could not get the stitches right on the back. Eventually, I switched to a light yellow Aurifil thread, and the stitches are now good front and back, but the thread color is lighter than I would like it. It reads as white rather than yellow, and largely disappears on the back (which is so busy, almost everything would disappear anyway!).
My next post should be a travel post. After months of staying at home, I am heading off on a short trip. Let’s see if you can guess the location once I post a picture or two.