I’ve been filling in the spaces in my quilt. It’s fun because it is going quite quickly and I am seeing the quilt take shape. Here’s where I am now:
I wish I had put another channel in between the bubbles in the ghost diamond and the ‘headband’ portion, but I would have had to un-stitch all of the inner curves and that did not sound appealing. I did add another channel inside the center diamond, but it is not very visible on the batik. I am considering adding another channel so that it will show up better.
I need to decide on what to do in the center of the ghost diamond, but I will wait until I have finished the center diamond. My current thought is a circle in the center of the diamond with some sort of interesting but relatively light motif inside, then dense quilting outside the circle. I could then use the same motif in the outer diamonds. Alternatively, I could do some curved crosshatching that isn’t too dense in the center of the diamonds…suggestions welcome!
I know what to do for the outer borders, but it will take some careful marking to get the design right. Currently I am putting it off!
By the way, linking this up to Let’s Bee Social — you’ll find the button toward the bottom of the page.